Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 92

It's New Years Eve!!!!
What could I possibly be thankful for today?  That the day is finally here and all the hard work has paid off?  That we sold all the tickets to the dance before we even started dancing?  That my parents and I had extended family join in the event?  That right up until we opened the doors we had businesses calling to give us donations?  That I got to sit with my son in my arms sleeping while the balloons dropped and Auld Lang Syne was being played? 
Yes all of these were great little "gifts" aka my miracles.  However when one of the families each came over and wished myself and each of the committee members Happy New Year and thanked us for putting on this event was my biggest miracle of the day.  You see this is the third year we have done this event and the first time we have ever been personally thanked by the family we were raising funds for.  This touched and warmed my heart and made me want to do it all over again next year!  Thanks God for this day and this wonderful family!

No comments:

Post a Comment