Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 105

I have had a sinus infection for a while now so I wen to the doctors office today.  While sitting there the room started to fill up and amongst the crown were two kids, about 8 and 10.  They were there with a young woman who I assumed was their mother.  Then the woman went outside and the kids stayed.  While she was outside they started talking to another waiting patient.  The outcome of the conversation was that these kids were living in a group home and wondered if the woman across the room from them was related to them.  They asked her to say hi to their mom and dad if she ever saw them.  Then time was going by slowly and I was sitting next to one of the kids so I offered to let them play my game.  The young child asked me if I was related to them, something that they had asked the other woman as well.  How tragic, that they don't know who is family and who is not.  It was seeing and talking to these kids that made me very thankful that Jacob was in only 2 foster homes and that he was very young when I adopted him and he will now know who his family is and feel secure in his family.  He won't have to wonder are you family, or you, or you?  Thank you God for answering my prayers of bringing a small child into my life that would eventually know only me as mom, and for my family being so accepting and welcoming Jacob into the family.

No comments:

Post a Comment