Sunday, January 30, 2011

Day 113

This evening we had a volunteer appreciation supper for everyone that came throughout the year to help in fundraising with the New Year's Eve dance.  It was a great evening and it was great that people do help us with this event.  They don't know these families personally and that they would volunteer their own precious time to help strangers really is what this event is about, community helping families.  So the volunteers really are the miracle behind the event.
I have a second miracle though.  My friend Tammy is wonderful.  She is a great support to me on my path of parenthood.  Tonight was no exception.  Jacob was tired, hungry, and cranky.  Nothing I could do seemed to make him happy and so his grumpiness caused my frustration.  Tammy jumped in and just told me to go and eat and she would deal with Jacob.  Whatever she did worked and he was a happy camper.  To have a friend like this in my life is a blessing. 
Thanks God!

No comments:

Post a Comment