Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 104

I have about 40 clients on my caseload right now.  Some like me, others don't.  Today I got to spend some time with a variety of them, one typically doesn't like me but they had just received their medication and kept saying over and over that I was a "nice girl" and they liked me.  Their happiness, although drug induced, was a nice thing to see. 
The other client doesn't have a opinion of me one way or another I don't think.  Their memory is very poor and so I'm not convinced that even though I've been in their life for almost 4 years I don't think they know who I am.  However this person is wheel chair bound but will walk with assistance at times.  Today they walked with staff assistance for 40 steps, they counted and when they got to the end they were so happy that they couldn't stop laughing.  It was a great site to see and I couldn't help but join in the laughter. 
These two people were my miracles of the day and I'm thankful that I got to see each of them today!

No comments:

Post a Comment