Saturday, January 15, 2011

Day 103

I was sitting in a meeting today for one of my clients and their family was in attendance.  Now I have been a part of my clients life for almost 4 years now and have never met any of the family.  After the meeting I asked the facility staff if they had seen much of the family before and they said no.  So why all of a sudden interest?  The family was genuine in their concern for my client, they just want to visit more and be a part of the person's life so why now? 
Well here is one of those cases when something good comes out of something bad.
A year or so ago I had moved my client to be closer to family.  It didn't work out.  The client ended up having multiple seizures and a great deal of brain damage occurred so the person was moved back to their original location.  When this was happening though the family was notified and they began to visit.  Now they visit regularly and spend time with the person.  Had the move not occurred and seizures happened to the point it was a concern if the person would live or not, and so family was called we would be back to no family involvement and the person miserable because they felt forgotten.  So this is my miracle of the day, that yes sometimes bad things do happen in order for the good to transpire.


barb having seizures and moving back to Lamont and family now involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment