Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 59

Time.  Isn't that a gift in itself each and everyday.  The time that we have to spend with family, our loved ones, friends, etc.  Time is a gift that we seem to forget. 
Today I was in a seniors lodge and I had some time to wait until the person I was meeting arrived.  I sat down in the lounge area and a woman began chatting with me.  We ended up visitting for half an hour.  She talked about her family, her past, her life.  I felt so greatful to have her talk to me and it seemed like she was a bit lonely and so was happy to have the company.  Had I not had or made the time I would have never heard this woman.  I have never been that good with elderly people.  I didn't know what to talk to them about.  This woman, who I never got her name, taught me that elderly people want to talk about the same thing younger people want, to talk about themselves and what is going on in their life. 
I'm glad I had the time today.

No comments:

Post a Comment