Friday, October 22, 2010

Day twenty-three

Two steps forward, one step back.  Jacob was not a happy camper when we came home.  I'm not sure why.  Just a bit off.  He couldn't decide on anything, take off his coat, leave it on, play or cuddle.  Just everything.  Well I'm sticking with the backbone of everything I know about people and trying to be as consistent as possible.  So tonight is BG club for him.  The routine is that we go to my friends home and then he and their daughter go for the evening to BG club.  Even though he was off in moods I sent him, keep with consistent routine.
Well it paid off.  When he got back and I got back from my meeting he was such a happy boy.  No self stimming and just an engaging happy little boy.
Miracle of today was knowing that even though I struggled with what I know is to do right I did it anyways and it paid off!  Plus of course his running to me and jumping up and down saying "mom, mom!" was a pretty big miracle too.  Since before he left I was feeling pretty crummy inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment