Thursday, October 7, 2010

Day nine

Well today I had a really big gift given, or rather I got to open a present that I knew was coming but I was anticipating getting to unwrap it.  I finally received word that Jacob is now legally mine, I am his mom and he is my son in the eyes of the law.  He will never be anyone elses forever!  So yes this was a big gift and I am so happy to finally be all done with that, however I got to thinking, is this the miracle of today?  I knew this day was coming but is this the miracle. 
Then I found out that my friend had her baby, 2 months early, but everyone is well and healthy and so there is no concern either than putting weight on baby to bring her home.  So is this the miracle of today? 
Then I went fishing with my dad, Jacob and my niece.  That was the miracle and biggest gift of the day.  I have an amazing family.  I am the oldest with two younger brothers, one who is married and one who is in a serious relationship.  Both of my parents are still alive and I am close with them both, I talk to them daily, sometimes several times a day.  I see my brothers and their families often, at least every couple of weeks.  I have two nieces and a nephew and spend a lot of time with them, I see them probably weekly at least. 
My family is the miracle.  We got home from fishing and my niece asked my dad to read her a story, so while I was in the kitchen cleaning the fish we caught I could hear my dad reading to my niece.  That is a gift, a small gift it may seem but in the big picture it's huge.  Family is my miracle today, and I am truly thankful and grateful to God for blessing me with mine.  I love them all and would be lost without each and every piece of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment