Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 140

Have you ever heard a song that moved you to tears?  Have you ever been in a situation and for whatever reason you are overcome with emotion and are in tears?  I have.  It sometimes happens in church.  I stand in awe looking at this wooden cross tied with rope and it's roughness and look at where Jesus died for my sins so that I may have everlasting life in heaven.  Today in church a woman in front of me was in tears, she wasn't sobbing by any means but I noticed the continually wiping of the edge of her eyes and then her daughter, maybe 8 or so saw the same as I.  The daughter went out and then came back and gave her mother tissues that she had gone to the bathroom to get for her mom.  Then she just kept watching her mother moved to tears.  The daughter probably was a little confused but was kind enough to understand that all her mom needed right now was tissue, not questions, but love and compassion, the tissue may seem like not a big deal but really it is.  That this little girl just knew that she needed to do something to help her mom right then and did so almost moved me to tears.  The way the daughter looked at her mother in love is truly God's gift.  Thanks God for your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment