Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 68

Tonight was the last meeting for my small group.  A small group is a modern version of a bible study, that's the only way I can describe it.  Instead of sitting around a table with our bibles out we sit on couches, watch a DVD and then discuss it afterwards.  This is the second time I've been part of small group.  I really enjoy it and look forward to Monday nights because of it.  What is interesting about small group is that in our group it really is a bunch of people that don't really socialize much outside of our small group, Monday's worked for each of us so that is what brought us together.  I really enjoy each person in the group though and have enjoyed getting to know them better.  Tonight was our last session until January.  It has been a great night for myself to get out and socialize with other adults only as well as get into the meaning of the bible more.  If anyone who reads this is interested we focused on the book 1 Samuel.  The very first session talked about how "unconditional love" isn't in the bible, its a human term.  Talk about causing waves in the very first session.  I think a lot of people have this idea that God loves unconditionally.  Nope, its black and white in His book that He doesn't. 

No comments:

Post a Comment