Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 206

Today the dreadful happened.  I realized that my iPhone was missing.  At first glance I thought it was in the bottom of my purse, as it tends to be a lot of the time.  I didn’t worry at first thinking, ‘oh maybe it fell on the seat of my jeep’.  After several minutes of checking the seat, under the seat, in the backseat, in any cubbyhole possible I realized “MY iPhone is MISSING!!!!” 
Now what?  Okay, retrace my steps, call all the stores I went to; go back to the stores as well to double check for myself.  Nope, it was lost, gone, along with my world…….  When I realized it was missing I realized how much I rely on this little device.  It’s my address book; I don’t write numbers down anymore, I store them electronically.  It’s my agenda, alarm clock, grocery list, balance book, calculator, and the list goes on and on. 
I dreadfully went to the local TELUS store and explained that I lost my phone.  I wasn’t able to get a new phone right then because the computers were being touchy and so it was recommended that I wait until the next day.  So I went home, head hung low, disappointed with myself for losing such a key piece of my life.  I know some are thinking, ‘this gal relies too much on her iPhone’, but I’m sure there are others out there like me that has their phone within reach at any and all times. 
So the plan was to go to the TELUS store first thing in the morning to be reconnected with the technological world again.  I called and suspended my current number and tried to keep busy doing life things, I went for an ice cream with my son, went and visited some friends, complained about losing my phone and being lost. 
Went home and there was a message on my answering machine.  The RCMP had my iPhone!!!!!  A perfect stranger had found it, I don’t know where they found it but they had taken it to the RCMP.  I shouldn’t be so shocked that there are honest people in the world but I am.  I try to teach my son good values and to do random acts of kindness and here I am the recipient of one.  I thought my phone was gone forever and I would be out a few hundred dollars with the purchase of another phone.  Instead though someone who I don’t even know and probably never will completely made my day/week/month by their good values and honesty and returning my phone.  Thank you to this person and for renewing my faith in human nature.  Your honesty and kindness is greatly appreciated and you can rest assured that I will pay this favor forward many times over.

No comments:

Post a Comment