Saturday, May 7, 2011

Day 205

A long time ago I realized that I should be getting Jacob to say sorry to me when he is disrespectful or hurtful to me.  I realized this when I began to think of when you are out somewhere and your child is disrespectful or hurtful and then all of a sudden you expect them to say sorry and they look at you like your crazy, well they've never learned that when you are hurtful you need to be remorseful and apologize.  Tonight Jacob didn't want to eat, he sat at the table and screamed at me and said he didn't want to pray.  I told him that he needed to eat and that I was going to pray anyways and I did and then proceeded to eat and ignore him.  Soon enough he was quiet and on his own he said, "sorry".  He's getting it and I am thankful that he's understanding it at home first.

No comments:

Post a Comment