Saturday, June 11, 2011

Day 226

Sometimes when I'm parenting I wonder if I'm gaining.  Is my discipline making any difference, is he learning from his mistakes?  Today I learned that it is.  I saw a glimmer of how it is making a difference and I'm raising a compassionate little boy.  Jacob was miserable and he was just being plain whiny and grumpy.  He even yelled back at me and this I don't tolerate and he has to say sorry for when he does it.  He was so miserable that there was no winning and so in his fit I just put him down for a nap.  Well before his nap I had been trying to get him to say sorry and he refused.  Now I don't want him to say it just for the sake of saying it I do want him to be remorseful when he says it or else its a meaningless apology.  So he fell asleep and then when he woke up the first words out of his mouth were "I'm sorry".  He's getting it, and he understands, and he remembered!  Thanks God for showing me I am doing the right thing and that it is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment